• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Received My Metal Bow Corners

1956_4x4

I have the metal corners for the bows, but I thought about something else as I was looking at the trailer. Do the bows have some type of metal shield/support on the bottom where they slide into the slots on the side racks? If so, are these available anywhere?

Smitty

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don't know which type of trailer we are talking about, but if it is a M105 or a M101 it takes these metal bows as they are interchangeable between the two with moving some bolts. Woods ones should be interchangeable, but the wood has to be cut. There is one more version of the metal corner, but there is no real difference just a minor design change allowing the height to be changed.
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10611&highlight=trailer+bows

1956_4x4

Re: RE: Received My Metal Bow Corners

builder77 said:
I don't know which type of trailer we are talking about, but if it is a M105 or a M101 it takes these metal bows as they are interchangeable between the two with moving some bolts. Woods ones should be interchangeable, but the wood has to be cut. There is one more version of the metal corner, but there is no real difference just a minor design change allowing the height to be changed.
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10611&highlight=trailer+bows
Sorry, brain dump on my part. The trailer is an M101A1. My bow corners are a little different than those that you have pictured. I planned on using wood for the top cross piece and the down piece. Now I'm not too sure if wood will work for the down piece.

Smitty

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Received My Metal Bow Corners

I think I remember someone talking about using wood for the stubby leg. I can't see why it would not work. I have a pile of defective bow corners that I MIGHT be able to find a set of metal stubby legs for the woods ones. I will check tomorrow, but don't get your hopes up.

That certainly is different then the other wood ones I have seen. Leave it the military to mix things up.

vinny-socom1

RE: Re: RE: Received My Metal Bow Corners

Smitty,

Your photo's of your corner bows look like the ones for a duce? How wide are they? All of my M105A2 corner bows look like the photos by builder77. Are you sure you have the right ones?

Vinny

1956_4x4

Re: RE: Re: RE: Received My Metal Bow Corners

vinny-socom1 said:
Smitty,

Your photo's of your corner bows look like the ones for a duce? How wide are they? All of my M105A2 corner bows look like the photos by builder77. Are you sure you have the right ones?

Vinny
Am I sure I have the right ones? No. Are they going to go on the M101A1? Yes, even if I need to modify...

The inside diameter is around 1 5/8" x 1 3/16" ( I say "around", since my eyes aren't as good as they used to be...) I get 16" when I measure around the outside of the bend.

There are no part numbers, but the person that sold them to me on ebay said they were for the M101 trailers.

Smitty

vinny-socom1

Smitty,

They look just like the ones for my duce. I have seen some on ebay saying there for trailers & duce's but there not, duce bows are wider than 105/101 bows so they won't fit into the side racks. You can probably make them work. Good luck I hope they work for you.. Vinny

1956_4x4

vinny-socom1 said:
Smitty,

They look just like the ones for my duce. I have seen some on ebay saying there for trailers & duce's but there not, duce bows are wider than 105/101 bows so they won't fit into the side racks. You can probably make them work. Good luck I hope they work for you.. Vinny
You might be right. I went out yesterday and checked them against my side racks and they are the same width and thickness. If I get a chance, I'll drive around the base to see if I can find a trailer with the bows installed and compare.

Smitty

1956_4x4

I need to get off my butt and get these things built. I just finished looking at all of the great photos from the rally in GA. I was at the end when I realized that I wasn't really looking at the vehicles, I was looking at the shapes of the bows. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Smitty

67Beast

I'm just throwing this out there, because I don't know for sure, but could they be bow corners for a Dodge M37? I know that the M37 has angled bows like the 101 and 105 trailers, but I thought I remember someone talking about them being slightly different than the trailer ones. I think they were tring to adapt 101 bow corners to thier M37 because the true M37 corners were hard to find. I'm no M37 expert though.

papercu

bowe

s the one on the bottom designed for a trailer?
The one on the bottom is for the M101/M105 trailer and they use a straight top bow. The one on top is for the M35 cargo bed and they use a curved top bow.
Be sure to use carriage bolts on any part that will touch the cover. Wayne

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: bowe

Any chance these are from an FMTV? They have more of a squared of corner from the pics I have seen of the outside of te covers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks