• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Receiver Hitch for M35A2

toddm

I spent about three hours Friday making this receiver hitch for my Duece. I think it turned out pretty good. My son and I installed it yesterday. I think building the hitch was easier than installing it. :D :D

Attachments

toddm

I fabbed it up to fit the frame at a total of 34" wide. The two angle pieces are 1/4 inch 3" x 3" and are 22" long. The cross pieces are 2" 1/4 inch wall square tubing 27.75 inches long, two of them. I used 2" x 4" 1/4 inch wall tubing 18.5 inches long for the receiver support. I added a few more 2"x2" pieces as needed for support and a total of 6 gussets. The actual receiver plate I got off of a junk truck. Thanks Todd

Attachments

toddm

Actually, it was really pretty easy to fabricate as now we have a large wire welder at work that I can use. I would put the cost of materials at around $100 or so. Would say I have about 4.5 hours into it total.

Lex_Ordo

That is an awsome fabricatrion!
I will need to configure a lower receiver mount as well, since the 1/4 ton trailer I have levels at about 20".

I can't do that ind of work, and if I didn't know better, I would've guessed that yours was made using special factory tooling.

Flea

Looks REALLY beefy! Nicely done!

Now I know how to hang my receiver this week when it gets here. Good idea with the straps. [thumbzup]

toddm

Thanks for the encouraging words, the wire welder makes easy work, making nice, strong welds. I used to use my old Lincoln stick welder, it got the job done, but I didn't always like the finished product. Thanks Todd Martin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks