• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommended Auto Electric Shops in your area

niferous

We have a thread like this over on my Land Cruiser forum and I thought I should start one here. I myself am looking for a shop in Houston to rebuild one of my alternators. I've called a few guys I found just by doing a search on Google but none have seemed really all that competent.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finch Alternator on North Shepherd or Pearland Alternator on Hwy 35 will fix you right up.

raiburn

Barney's Auto Electric in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.
They had a starter in stock for my m1028.
Also tested and rebuilt one of my alts.
I would definately recommend.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use these guys ALL the time. They do a GREAT job at rebuilding stuff, and do it the right way the first time at a reasonable price. They are right up the road from me, and have worked for me everything from my '45 MB Autolite starter and genny to the M998's to the M35A2's to a buddy's CUCV alts with isolated grounds. Ask for Kenny.

Even the motorpool at West Point sends the HMMWV starters to them for repair.

Hudson Valley Auto Electric

104 Church St
Milton, NY
(845) 795-2335‎

Ask for Kenny.

runk

From the Texas Triumph Register (Houston Triumph car club, one of my other time sinks:)) Resource Guide,
June 2008-

• Classic Generator, Kenneth Warner, Owner. 4316 Dollar Street,
Midlothian, TX 76065, 817-473-1448. Services: Remanufacturing
starters and alternators, Conversion to Delco alternator.

• (short for Richard, gets edited...) D*ck’s Automotive Electric. Alternators generators, starters,
Rosenburg. 281-342-4753.

• Pearland Alternator Co., Inc., Al Coker, 121 North Main,
Pearland, 281-485-8871. Services: Starters and alternators rebuilt,
one to two day turnaround.

• Rays Auto Electric, Chris, Edgemoor, Bellaire, TX. Services:
Generator and starter rebuilding.

• Spring Branch Alternator-Starter, Inc. 14620 Hempstead Hwy,
Houston, TX 77040, 713-690-6644. Knows Lucas systems.

There also used to be a shop in League City on FM 518 between Hwy 3 and I-45 that did a good job for me on some oddball boat alternators / starters about 10 years ago. They also did a lot of stuff for the bigger marine diesel engines. Got rid of the boats when I moved up into Houston, don't know if they are still there.

lavarok

In Malabar, FL ( Brevard County ) use Malabar Auto Electric. He has done alternators for my CUCVs, a starter for my MEP003, and a CUCV starter for me. He does all the auto electric work for the local fire department's brush truck fleet including both 2.5 and 5 ton MVs.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks