• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovered another M-416, with a neat cover/cap

Chief_919

Picked up a yet another M-416 trailer today. Seems like feast or famine with these, lately I find a lot.

This one is a 1967 USMC version, and it has a neat cover/cap made from heavy galvanized steel. The steel has a stamp that looks like it was made in 75, so I am betting that it was made while still in service. I got it from a local school district, the guy who had worked there the longest said to the best of his memory the cap came with the trailer.

Attachments

Ressoldier

I was looking for a 416 or 1/4 ton trailer but all the ones in my area cost a mint even for a rusted out POS. That is why I turned to GL and ended up winning a M101 A2. Still waiting for EUC to clear, I am hoping it isnt to big on the trail. Very nice find, hope it was a fair/ reasonable price.

Chief_919

I was looking for a 416 or 1/4 ton trailer but all the ones in my area cost a mint even for a rusted out POS. That is why I turned to GL and ended up winning a M101 A2. Still waiting for EUC to clear, I am hoping it isnt to big on the trail. Very nice find, hope it was a fair/ reasonable price.
Price was good, but I went from 0 Jeep trailers to 3 in 2 weeks so some are gonna find new homes soon.

Last edited:

mdmorganwife

My father in law is wanting a small trailer for his jeep, he is talking about wanting to build one, the husband and I keep trying to get him to catch the green bug, maybe one of these would do it.