• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovering a M931A2 from Ayer Mass

Vintage iron

I was contacted by a fellow Steel Soldier to recover his M931A2 from Ayer Mass. We are located in South Easton Mass. So this was not a problem for us. We decided that a low deck 20 Ton equipment trailer was the best tool for the job, But I drove my own M813 with 1600R20 up on the trailer to check fitment. No problem!

Next we loaded up lots of tools and supplies because, we always expect the worst. The lot is a little hard to find but with the help of the staff we found the lot and went though the paperwork.

Make sure that you have a copy of your Govliq. auction, your (stamped) copy of paid in full invoice, authorization for pick-up and authorization for removal form.

The staff was very nice and helpful. They had to move some trucks and jump our truck. The trucks at Ayer look to be in good shape, but be prepared for flat tires and broken drive train parts. I would NOT recommend driving any truck with out a full inspection and fluid check. The lot is in a watershed area so I don't think they will let you do any major work in the lot. Our truck was leaking gear oil out of the axle and they were quick to notice. We had to make sure everything was sealed and cleaned up ASAP. Besides that everything went not to bad. It helped that we were prepared.

If anyone needs a truck recovered from Ayer or any New England area bases for them , let me know. We can pick it up and deliver it or take it back to our shop to make it road worth for you to drive it home. PM me with any questions

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the successful recovery vintageiron and that is a mighty good looking truck Congrats!
KK

timothy11

Banned
Derrick let me know when you arrange to ship it home. If i can swing it i might try to have a item bought from vintage to tag along on ride home if possible.

surfdog

I'm still waiting on Battle Creek for my euc to clear for the 927a1 I bought.

Anyone know why the tractors don't need the euc?

Danl

Danl M915A1

Did any buddy win a truck in Ayers Mass today? I spent half the day Down there with and other ss wonder were these trucks are heading, If some are going north up maine I live close to 295 if help is needed let me know

nridr124

a guy im close with and buy trucks from cheap grabbed a few out of revere ma a freaind of his is retiring his 8 series fleet plow trucks for the state with 9 series but alot of decent ones u gota get down to md to find a decent truck the north east is verry posable to bring in the 9k range with the cost of shipping but like them if u do it ur self u save big will let everyone have 3rd dibs as i and another freind are in first he haS m916s and 920s starting at 6k basicly the price of steel