• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery, Ft Jackson

MDSA

Had a very good Monday : good weather, good help, good GL rep, good food and a great recovery.

Lovebloodhounds, (Kenneth), and I went to Ft. Josckson Monday and recovered 3 M200A1 Gen trailers. Tim, the GL rep, was great and very helpful. Loaded them up for us just like we wanted. We got them tied down, and were out of there in an hour. Then ate a lot of BBQ for lunch.

AMGeneral (Brandon) then helped me unload the one gen trailer with his wrecker that night. How would we ever survive without a wrecker in the neighborhood? Every Steel Soldier ought to have at least one wrecker.

They are all tucked away at home now.

Took a couple of shots of he base. There was a lot of nice equipment at the base but only got one decent shot. A good number of troops were up and at it at 7am when we got there.

Thanx guys for your help.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! Any issues with sway pulling the doubles? While I don't have a fullsize wrecker like Brandon, my little sub-compact sure earns it's keep at my AO.

Scarecrow1

Congrads on the trailers & thanks for the pics . I've looked at these trailers and thought they would make a great platform for a lot of cool trailers . If I may ask what do you intend on doing with them. Also wondered if my blazer would tow them and was the main reason I did not bid on one. How do they pull and do they push hard while stopping ? Once again thanks for any info you can give .
Me >> Mike

MDSA

Recovry4X4,

No sway. Kenneth drove but he never had any trouble. We've done this before from Atlanta. Same set up, same result - no problems.

Scarecrow1,

We pulled them with a Dodge 3/4 ton Diesel. These trailers weigh about 2400 each, so one should be easy with a Blazer. No worse than pulling a boat. Kenneth drove and had no problem stopping, though once we got in town I could smell his brakes after we dropped off the trailers. You will need a pintle hitch and lights are 24 volt.

My plans are to use the tires on the Deuce and replace the trailer tires with the worn ones off the Deuce. I am selling 2 of the three I brought home, so if you are near...

Like you, I plan to make a more useful trailer out of the one I keep. I am looking for lower profile tires and plan to find some kind of box to make into a camper. GL in PA and FL recently auctioned some nice communication shelters that would have fit on the trailer, so we'll see if one comes open near me.

Chief_919

Recovry4X4,

No sway. Kenneth drove but he never had any trouble. We've done this before from Atlanta. Same set up, same result - no problems.

Scarecrow1,

We pulled them with a Dodge 3/4 ton Diesel. These trailers weigh about 2400 each, so one should be easy with a Blazer. No worse than pulling a boat. Kenneth drove and had no problem stopping, though once we got in town I could smell his brakes after we dropped off the trailers. You will need a pintle hitch and lights are 24 volt.

My plans are to use the tires on the Deuce and replace the trailer tires with the worn ones off the Deuce. I am selling 2 of the three I brought home, so if you are near...

Like you, I plan to make a more useful trailer out of the one I keep. I am looking for lower profile tires and plan to find some kind of box to make into a camper. GL in PA and FL recently auctioned some nice communication shelters that would have fit on the trailer, so we'll see if one comes open near me.
I might need one, I will know in a few days.....

Scarecrow1

Hi again I was looking at GLs upcoming Sale at FT Jackson. They have several Bolster trailers coming up in a few days. These trailers have a telescoping capability on the draw bar and were used for carrying things like telephone poles and such. To big for the blazer but man what a great trailer . already has a flat platform and storage built on to it. Just thought I'd let you know in case you missed them.
Mike