• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery M818 -Boring but has Pics!

pacebm

I picked up my M818 yesterday from Redstone along with an FF8 trailer I bought for a log splitter project. Found the truck in about 2 minutes, checked the fluids (all good). RH tank full, LH tank 1/2. Checked batteries (4 fairly new). Sat down in the truck and it fired right up. Pulled over to the other yard and picked up my trailer. Drove 30 miles back home at the break neck speed of 55 mph. Looked the truck over and there is no rust through, the 18 layers of CARC are peeling in a couple of places but otherwise pretty good. It is a 1970 with heater and 10.5K miles. I am very pleased with truck and trailer. Hopefully, this one will sell quickly ( I sell 818s to the logging industry).

I warned you it was boring!;-)

Here are the pictures as promised.

Attachments

pacebm

Yeah, I have had a few that were not so boring. I didn't mention that I had 4 batteries, oil, power steering fluid, water, and a 90 gallon tank of diesel with me. I also had NATO slave cables and an air compressor, not to mention the number to a local wrecker service.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 818 recovery was even more boring, I followed the wrecker the whole 13 miles back to my house. Beats having to worry about insurance or anything else.

;-)

steve

pacebm

Nice! I don't think I have ever seen one that low on miles. Most around here are between 10k and 40k. I hope your recovery was as easy as mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks