• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redline needed

Diamondjim11

Hey Guys,
I am working on getting my M52A1 multifuel ready to use and I noticed there is no redline marked on the tach. I was wondering what it should be. When I brought it home I was running around 2100-2200 but didn't want to push it. Since I did not know what the redline was. Can someone give me the correct redline. Thanks
Jim

woodywood

Private
if the tach is right i have seen the multi run as much as 2900. was told that was too much but it went over 200 miles like that! my m54 runs about 26-2700 rpm's and its a smoker!(black smoke not oil smoke!)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My redline sticker is at 2500 RPM... That does bring up a good question though.

Does anyone sell redline stickers? Mine is worn and faded... I am considering making one from red electrical tape but it won't have the white letters with DANGER... any ideas?
Yes, get with Polverone...megasticker.com or leftcoastdesign. Look on e-bay, he sells them as well as most of the other decals for the trucks there.
Here's a link to his items,
eBay Seller: leftcoastdesign: Collectibles, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

Diamondjim11

M-52

First, I want to know why someone took the Mack that was in it out. Then stuck a multifuel in? Either that, or it's not an M52a1
Westfolk,
I was going by what I was told when I bought this truck. Perhaps that is not the correct set of suffix numbers. It is a 68 kaiser 5 ton tractor with a multifuel engine, that was overhauled at lead. in 1986. If I am incorrect in my description, please forgive my mistake and mark it under inexperience.:oops: If someone can give me the correct name/numbers I will be greatful. And from what I am seeing 2500-2600 is the rpm limit. Thanks
JIm