• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reference Parade Stop--Send them a thank you letter

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Was telling my father about the police stop in Illinois of the deuce returning from the St Pat Day Parade. He agreed with the just of the convo that we have went too far toward law enforcemnt officers and need to go back toward the peace officers that gather support from the public through human relations.

Anyway, He related a story where he pulled over a MARINE COL speeding back to Norfolk one Sunday night with his wife and family on board doing 86 in a 55 in a very rural area. He had him join him in the patrol care and the just of the convo went like this:

My Old Man: COL, I'm sure you've chewed a lot of ass in your time. You have a choice, you can either get an ass chewin' and a warning or a ticket and a fine.

You can guess what the COL took.

Just as my old man laid into the ass chewing about it being nuts to drive that fast especially at night on a rural highway, a deer jumped across the road into the headlights. That cut the old man off and basically he said, "The fields along this road are loaded with deer. If you had hit one at the speed you were going, it would have demolished your car and probably killed everyone.".

That was it. He got a warning ticket and sent on his way.

The COL thought enough of what happened to send a letter of thanks to the head of the state police. His well meaning act resulted in a reprimand and 2 day suspension for my father for not giving him a fine for doing 86 in a 55.

So send the head of the illinois state police a letter of thanks to those outstanding cops and maybe they will get their appreciation from their chief also. LMNOLBLTMA-laughing, maybe not outloud but laughing to myself anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks