• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

refurb new deuce

bob b

i just got a m35a2 deuce with c turbo no winch i crawled all over truk and can't find any problems with it so far . But what can be hidden and will pop up later i don't know and hope they don't. i want to paint it vietnam era o.d.what would that be as far as color shade also what is the best way to clean under carraige and frame for painting need some dents pulled out of hood and straighten out driver side rear of box . Belts look new want to change oil and check all fluids what do you recomend for oil in engine multi visc. or straight sae 30 wgt. which i presume would be detergent ,does any one ever use lucas oil treatment when they change oil in there deuce and do you or don't you recomend it. what do i haved to be aware of as a trouble item on trk injecter pump ,turbo',air comp,would like to drive places with it what should i be concerned about so i avoid breadowns and major problems . thanks bob bplease email me with any suggestions and or post it

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Check the brakes and the wheel bearings, those should be first on your list. Brakes are self-explainatory and I had a wheel bearing go out on me while on a road trip. Very expensive while on the road and the down time sucked too! Lots of guys use rotella 15w40. Bring spare belts and fuel filters with you. That covers the big stuff. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

2Deuces wild

Stick with the regular stuff it works fine. It's a lot less expensive over all and it a old truck. I use 15-40 Rhetta. Axle leaks are common, Have a seal kit handy. Check the tork rod bushing for wear. I have a 68 and these are the problems I've had so far. Some trucks have been converted from 5 dot brake fluid to 3 dot. Figure out what kind you have. If its purple it's 5 but if its old it may have turned yellow. I used a turkey baster and a glass jar. I pulled some fluid for the master Cylinder It was yellow, I then added 5 dot and they mixed. If it was 3 dot they would have not mixed.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks