• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Regarding export a humvee

beehumvee

Dear friends,

This is a Spanish guy, american military cars lover. I have owned several jeeps and Dodges.... and I think now is time to have a humvee. But it is not easy to find a M998, with my budget.... Have seen several ones on epay, but I am not sure wether it can be shipped to spain or not....

On the other hand, in case it can be shipped abroad, I have to ensure I can register it here for have it street legal. I have read on the net there are some ones without title, some with off road title, and some with road title. What I need to have it registered is a document with the name of the seller, vin and engine number.

Can you please help me?

Many thanks

Regards

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dear friends,

This is a Spanish guy, american military cars lover. I have owned several jeeps and Dodges.... and I think now is time to have a humvee. But it is not easy to find a M998, with my budget.... Have seen several ones on epay, but I am not sure wether it can be shipped to spain or not....

On the other hand, in case it can be shipped abroad, I have to ensure I can register it here for have it street legal. I have read on the net there are some ones without title, some with off road title, and some with road title. What I need to have it registered is a document with the name of the seller, vin and engine number.

Can you please help me?

Many thanks

Regards
There are HMMWV's in Europe, so I suggest you buy one from there.

Most HMMWV's are sold by USA/EEUU with a document that forbids export outside of the USA/EEUU.

This forum is about playing by the rules.

You should contact an importer in Europe or a current owner in Europe.

I do not advocate the sales of HMMWV outside of the USA/EEUU due to international treaties regarding the sale of wartime equipment.

Jeeps are no longer wartime equipment.

I appreciate your love of the HMMWV, but buying one from the USA/EEUU is a legal issue.

If you don't have a lot of money to spare, I suggest you avoid buying a HMMWV.

Feliz Navidad y prospero año,

T

Last edited by a moderator:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a lot of bad information about this on the internet , yes it can be done but can be a pain . Your best bet is to talk to a exporter.
You may want to pm
owensexport

See post # 14 of this thread , click on his name and it will bring his profile and you can PM though a link there and get accurate information.
HMMWV Export Question

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Owens export has exported hundreds if not thousands of hmmwv’s to the EU, I’ve personally sold 3 in the last year.
You need to check with Steven Kopito at Owen export to see if he has done any to Spain.
what I do know is they need nothing more then an SF97 to Germany...BOS will not suffice.
The desired year is 85-88 so it’s 30yrs old for tax purposes...soon to be 89.

AAVP7

I second RWH. There are several dealers here in Germany selling road-legal HMMWVs with a clear paper trail, and there are also dealers in the UK, France and Italy. I´m sure there are dealers in Spain, too.

Make sure they have an export permit for the exact vehicle you´re buying. Sometimes, shady importers just stuff a HMMWV into a container, and make up customs papers for a civic Hummer. Even if customs doesn´t snatch them, the HMMWV then still is a "weapon of war", which can get you in very serious trouble. Buying from a well-reputed dealer is the way to go.

If you want to import yourself, Owens Export is my recommendation, too. All my Humvees were imported by them.

Roger0that!

Dear friends,

Can you please help me?

Many thanks

Regards

I can Ship HMMWV to Spain. We have shipped to Hungary in past as well and we are familiar with the process. We have a shop in MAdrid and we are about to start importing into Spain. Tambien hablamos espanol !!

Cheers!!

BTW www.ragemr.com is our website !!!

country

Supporting Vendor
Dear friends,

Can you please help me?

Many thanks

Regards

W can supply hmmwv and handle all export approvals too

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can Ship HMMWV to Spain. We have shipped to Hungary in past as well and we are familiar with the process. We have a shop in MAdrid and we are about to start importing into Spain. Tambien hablamos espanol !!

Cheers!!

BTW www.ragemr.com is our website !!!
W can supply hmmwv and handle all export approvals too
Holy resurrection Batman! Trying to squeeze a sale out of a 2 year old thread! Nice.

You guys realize the OP bought the HMMWV, shipped the HMMWV, legally exported/imported the HMMWV, now drives the HMMWV, and occasionally posts about issues with his HMMWV?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks