• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Regulator Question

Timberlake

Lots of great posts about regulator on this site!

My question is.

I have a M1114 with 400amp gen and N3118 regulator which I have determined that is gone bad. On the neioff web site when you search n3118 it gives you the gen specs the a list of regulator options. N3118 / N3223 / N3237 / N3245. A little research show the other regulators are not dual volt. Has anyone used a single volt to replace the dual. These other reg codes are a lot less and more readily available. Thoughts?

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transmission operates on 12V.
Without a 12V source your rear battery will not recharge properly as the transmission pulls power from it, and the front battery will overcharge.
This has the potential for catastrophic failure if it goes on too long.

I suppose you could do some type of 24-12V converter for the transmission, but why make things any more complicated than they already are?

Timberlake

just so I can be 100% sure my problem is regulator can anyone tell me the proper voltage at the different point on the 400amp dual voltage regulator. The ING point. AC point. And the 12 volt side.

last time I put the volt meter on it I have 23.4 at ING. 0 at AC. And 11.9at the 12 volt side.

just not charging at all.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just so I can be 100% sure my problem is regulator can anyone tell me the proper voltage at the different point on the 400amp dual voltage regulator. The ING point. AC point. And the 12 volt side.

last time I put the volt meter on it I have 23.4 at ING. 0 at AC. And 11.9at the 12 volt side.

just not charging at all.
Sure looks like it is not charging, IGN is correct to excite the alternator, will not be anything at AC if it is not charging, 12V term looks right for not charging.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for same regulator can any one help me to find one
Welcome to the forum, we have a classified section, all wants should be posted there.
You do not have to be a supporting member to post a wanted classified.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks