• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Relative value of M715 bed?

PareoWC

Thanks. I'm needing a bed for a 52 B-3 Power Wagon, and a complete bed for one of those is in the $2k+ region. This one is considerably cheaper, but I refuse to hack it up for a retro-fit, so I may see what it looks like on a civy Dodge.

Barrman

That tail gate doesn’t even have THE dent in the middle of it. Someone loved that bed and tailgate. It looks like the latching tabs for the under bed storage are broken off. Could just be the picture angle too.

Not only is the tail gate good looking. The hinges and chains are all there. Often just as hard if not harder to find than a tail gate.

Having written that along with what David wrote above. That could be thousand or more dollar collection of parts. To the right person in the right location. I would suggest you do not buy it as an investment to flip. The M715 world is kind of small and not populated with people who spend freely. You could buy it, wrestle it home, find a place for it to stay and never have any interest in it. Ever.

I would hate to see it cut up, but I already have a bed and a spare. I would guess most of the others that read this will have the same answer. I haven’t touched a M37 in several years, but I am having trouble thinking of any cross over shapes between the two bed designs. It might be more trouble than it is worth to convert.

PareoWC

Thank you for the detailed response, Barrman. I knew it was a well cared-for bed, but I do feel like it would have to be modified for my PW. This civy PW has an 8ft bed with similar fenders, but not sure how much the front and back half of the bed would fit on my 52.

Attachments

PareoWC

I'm sure you're right. I got a bit overzealous and paid $1500- and that was with the seller driving 5hrs to deliver it. I'll be interested to see what it looks like on the B-3-PW frame soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks