• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

relay will not shut off

84cucv1ton

new relay and glow plugs. never came across this before. wait light goes out, but they stay on. i was thinking its a bad relay. put on another one. does the same thing. looked at the wiring in the plastic. looks like it was pieced back together.

any ideas? thanks

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the relay stays on, and it checks out ok than it has to be the controll card telling it to stay on. Pull the card, turn the key on and then jump the blue wire coming into the card box to ground, the relay should energize, unground and it should de-energize, if so you just confirmed your card is bad.

ida34

The glow plugs will continue to cycle when you first start even though the wait light goes off. This is not a problem and is designed into the system but it should only last about as long as your high idle cycle. How long are the glow plugs staying on? If they are not staying on for more than five minutes I would say you are fine and nothing is wrong.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should cycle 4 or five times in a row, you can watch your volt meter deflect each time. They will not cycle through the entire high idle period. You need to be more specific with the problem, is it staying on continuous or longer than you think it should? When cold the glow plug light should come on for about 20 seconds, after you start it they should cycle for about 5 seconds for about 4 times, the light will not come on during the fllowing cycles, again confirming this with the volt meter.

IRWFO

It's funny but I keep hearing about them cycling. I have never had mine cycle on and off. I turn the key. The wait light is on and the volt gauge is in the yellow. Depending on the temp. it could be 10 seconds to 30 seconds before the light goes out. The motor will then fire right up and again depending on how cold it is the the glow plugs will shut off in 10 to 40 seconds aprox. Where my Volt gauge reads perfect.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is suppose to cycle after startup, if not the card is defective. I drove these cucv's for 20 years in the military and have driven one as a daily driver for 10+, they are suppose to cycle.

m4A1

IRWFO- I have a new card in my M1028 also and don't hear it cycle or see the voltmeter move until after it runs a little. It works fine though.

IRWFO

IRWFO- I have a new card in my M1028 also and don't hear it cycle or see the voltmeter move until after it runs a little. It works fine though.
I was starting to get a complex thinking I'm the only one. I do know I use my truck near everyday and she always starts even in single digits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks