• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Release / Throw Out Bearing Removal (HT)

1943ht

OK. Figure I'm a fairly intelligent type, but reading my manuals its as clear as mud regards removing the throw out bearing!!! Slipped off the retaining ring, drove out the copper sleeve inside the housing, but how the hell do you get the bearing sleeve out?? The book says soft hammer and a screw driver then what??? Thinking of using my cutting torch and then my 1911 for my depression
:lol:

What am I missing? Flywheel and pressure plate are polished and look great and I pick up my re-faced clutch on Monday. New pilot and throw out bearing should arrive Monday .. but I'll be standing here with my Schwant's in my hand and the old throw out bearing still in place.

Please help me in the name of humanity ;D

Markus

1943ht

Very dramatic, no? LOL. .... Frustration needle was pegging out last two days, but after a phone call this afternoon from a bud in CA, tis all clear to me now said the blind man!

The drivetrain manual where you would expect all things throw out bearing to be is a bit skimpy on info. The secret resides in the engine manual where there is a pic showin the exploded view of the bearing and the two little horse shoe shaped clips that hold the bearing assembly to the pressure plate assembly. Just need to apply pressure remove clips and the throw out bearing assembly comes free.

Markus

IMG_20200927_134550.jpg

IMG_20200927_151327.jpg
IMG_20200927_151334.jpgIMG_20200927_151321.jpg
IMG_20200927_151302.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks