• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reliable M37 parts source

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mods if this is not appropriate please delete as required!
I have been restoring a 1952 M37 this summer and have found myself in need of a plethora of new parts from electrical to a new rear cross member and almost everything in between. I just wanted to let anybody know who is working or needs parts for their truck Midwest Military in MN has been extremely good to work with. They have almost every part I have needed and have had it to me the next day, I have found the parts to be of the highest quality and everything has been what I wanted and usually better than I ever expected.
John (John Bizal the owner) is also very knowledgeable about these trucks and very willing to help with questions, I have been nothing but happily surprised with their customer service and quality of parts!

Karl Kostman

FrankUSMC

John is a great guy. I have bought parts and a cannon from him. I have never returned anything to him because of poor quality, I have returned parts to Vintage Power Wagon that were just junk.
I will go one step further on my trust for John. I have several buildings here full of parts from being a military vehicle collector since about 1976. I told my Bride that if anything happens to me, to call John to come out and let him go through my collection. Let him buy anything he wants, what ever is remaining to call a scrapper to take.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

GUNNY 155

I cannot imagine how I could have done my frame off restoration on my M37 with out John at MWM. Though I bought stuff from others when it came to some special items like the wire harness, paint and canvas John was always the first place and in most cases the only that I needed to go. He was also always ready with answers to questions.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John is absolute great for both parts and information on these trucks and their many variations.

Great guy, very knowledgeable and a businessman with integrity. He is usually my first call.

TAKPAK

Tragically, I did not have such good luck with MWM. Not saying I will never buy there again, always willing to give a second chance. But so far, have had better luck (and good parts) from VPW. Take this with whatever grain of salt you desire. Just my own experience.

just me

I use both major suppliers and have had good and bad luck with both. I tend to MWM as the packing of parts for shipping is much better

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At VPW I make it a point to ALWAYS talk to Steve; otherwise there are issues and I have been burned more than once.

Steve, however, is great and a pleasure to work with. Things always work out well when I deal with him.