• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote oil filter location question

desertfox

This thread is to pick your brains and solicit opinions regarding placement of the remote oil filter.
With a heater, PTO shaft, W/S washer unit on the steering column there is no space available to mount a large remote oil filter. So with that said, I am thinking of mounting the unit against the front of the tool box in the wheel well. It will clear the clutch pedal and with a metal shield to keep it clean. In that location it has easy access. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think thats where Mike put his filters on his "Bocca Deuce"(as Kenny coined the phrase). I think he was even worried about a rock bursting the can, so he fired some 22 rounds at it to make sure the cans were not too fragile.

Don't kill me Mike!

Or Kenny!

desertfox

Thanks Gimp,
That is why I was considering a shield to keep it clean and for the most part, unseen.
I will post some photos, where ever I decide to mount the filter.

Last edited:

goldneagle

I ended up cutting the heater housing shorter like I saw in one of the threads for remote oil filter location. A lot easier to do...it's only some sheet metal.

Hope that helped!

desertfox

Bottleworks,
Good idea about mounting the heater in the cab. Recently saw a thread with photos on that. Looks like a sharp installation. There is also the possibility of mounting the heater on the passenger side like a 5 ton? I may still have a 5 ton diverter.

bottleworks

There is also the possibility of mounting the heater on the passenger side like a 5 ton? I may still have a 5 ton diverter.
That's where mine is. It's not too hard. The biggest issue was holding up the assembly to the firewall and trying to take measurements for the bracketry at the same time. Also, by having it in the cab, you no longer have the heater lines running over the engine and rubbing them selfs in two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks