• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

remove inner side shields or fenders

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the proper name for those feder parts or side panels that are below the fender level and run from the chassis to the fender, with those airslits in it. protecting the engine compartment?

Read somewhere and saw a video on a 800 series, that for easy access, you can quite easy remove those parts, especially handy on the driver side to access the steering gear, filters etc.

Does that hold true for the M5x series as well? Looks to me like a pain to remove, and are a pain to work there with that lower side panel blocking everything. Does not look like an easy removal, because the hydraulics reservoir is connected to it as well.

M813A1

Are you referring to the vent panels under the fenders ?? Yes they have quick release fasteners on them to access the left side of the engine .

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like I mean the vent panels, although I cold not find them under that name in the manuals.

You probably have an M809 series truck. There, it is definitely possible. With the M39, I don't see how it can be done quick. I count well over 10 normal bolts linking it to the main fender and other parts.