• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

remove stock fuel filter

jag7720

Has anyone removed the stock fuel filter and replaced it with a screw-on type?

I'd like to get rid of the stock filter and replace it with a cheaper screw-on type but I don't know how to remove the OEM filter mount which is also the fuel cut-off (isn't it)

jag7720

Since there are over 40 views I'll post what I got from the frybrid.com forum....

http://frybrid.com/forum/showthread.php?p=84737&posted=1#post84737

My experience with the 6.2 is that there may be a fuel heater in the backside of the mount plate and only a water sensor in it. Fuel cut off is in the IP, biggest wire, sometimes pink.
So this means I can totally bypass the OEM filter. Please let me know if you have info to the contrary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks