• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing 803 Engine from Gen Head

CapePrep

Hello all. After discovering a crack in the cylinder wall of my engine, I now need to remove it to either replace or re-sleeve. I have searched here and the TM's and can't find anything definitive on removing the engine and then the generator head to separate the 2 pieces. Anyone have any leads on the procedure? Thanks

jamawieb

You'll have to take the entire front (radiator) section off, with the fuel tank. Then there are 4 long bolts that run the length of the generator head, attaching to the block that must me removed. Brace the generator head with a piece of wood and take the bolts out of the engine mounts. Then use a pulley puller to push the rotor out of the head (stator). You'll pull the engine and rotor together, the head (stator) will stay on the generator base. Sometimes it's easier to pull the engine and generator head at once, then separate the motor off the head.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask yourself... is it worth it, for what you paid? Yes, you are more than halfway torn down. If you part this machine out, you should easily be able to recoup your original investment in parts. These days, I find myself judging the worthwhile nature of tasks by my TIME, not my COST. In economics, its the concept of 'opportunity cost'. Same reason I have two real nice condition 002s that I am selling for a song, because the time required to go through the IP, and get both machines operational... is much better suited for me today to be doing something else.

Kenny0

No sleeves in this engine. Imo the block needs to be replaced. A crack in the cylinder means it is distorted. Could it be fixed? Imo no.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks