• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing gasket material

Bkoyle

I am in the process of replacing the engine rear main seal. I took the seal holder off, which is alumnium, drove out the old seal and pressed a new seal in. Then I went to remove the old gasket between the block and main seal holder. The gasket would come off. Some small chunks came off, but I can't get the rest off. I can't get a gasket scraper in there because there is not enough room. Do you guys have any sugestions?

Thanks,

Bruce

gbooth

When I replaced the seal on mine I went to the Hardware store and bought a small putty Knife ground down one side to fit and used that. Also a good sharp pocket knife is handy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks