• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing rear cross member on bed of M-37

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I have searched my TMs and searched the site for good knowledge on removing the rear Cross member on my M-37. I have it about 80% ready to remove, but I read about "L" brackets that need to be removed prior to removing the cross member itself, and I have seemed to gather that they are located under the ends of the cross member itself? Can anybody explain this just a bit further please? My goal is to have the old one out and the new replacement started to be installed tomorrow. Any clues as to these "L" brackets would sure be appreciated!

Thanks much
Karl

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bert I got the entire cross member removed today and that was one of the rattiest looking pieces of metal ever to be in my shop, I had to sweep the floor under the truck 3 times as the rust would build up so fast I didnt want to keep walking on it. I got the new cross member from MWM a couple days ago and got it primed and painted but before that it looks like I am going to have to fab up some new L-brackets since mine looked similar to swiss cheese and I have not been able to find them for sale anywhere? Another thing is I had the fuel tank out of the truck when I started the Cross member replacement and for once my timing was good since there is no way your could do the cross member with the fuel tank in the truck!

Thanks again Bert
karl