• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repairing or Rebuliding Rear Spring

Jozseph

If you had one leaf cracked on a M1031......would you repair with stock parts or rebuild the springs with improvement?

If rebuilding what would you

Thank You
Joseph

truck1

Buy a take off spring pack from Boyce Equipment, Memphis Equipment or TNJ Murray. That's what I did. Ask for a hand picked unit with as little rust as possible. Broken springs are common on these rigs. Of course you could rebuild yours, but there are complete replacements available . I paid 200 $ shipped for a almost NOS take off unit. GM had problems with the rear springs cracking for a while then improved their quality control. The stock rear springs are beefy units.

Last edited:

Skinny

Pull out broken spring (as long as it isn't the main) and remove the same one on other side of truck. Probably will never notice the differnce. In it for u-bolts, center pins, and time.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pair of those springs from a super low mile 1031. They are stupid heavy as you know. Let me know if you need them.

Keith_J

I have a pair of those springs from a super low mile 1031. They are stupid heavy as you know. Let me know if you need them.
Low miles? Mine had 9000 miles on it, right side one is shot. Would like to replace both, I would pick them up. Let me know.