• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement seat covers and foam options.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
One of the few things I am planning to do right away to the deuce is fix the seats. Right now I am sitting on bare foam with scraps of canvas. I need to replace all the seat covers except the passengers bottom, and it might be worth doing that now too. I am also curious about replacing original padding with modern padding to improve things. I have been looking around at the different vendors, and mix of green canvas, brown canvas and lime green vinyl have shown up. I would like to find a matching set of green canvas or vinyl. Does anyone actually carry matching NOS covers, or make them? I have an air ride drivers seat if that matters.

JDToumanian

I got mine from "OD Cloth"

http://www.odcloth.com/products.html

They make them to original specs using proper canvas... looks great, smells good too. Complete set for deuce was $115 shipped, probably still the same price. You have a choice of box or spring driver's seat.

I took my seats and the new canvas covers to a local upholstery shop to have them fitted and stuffed, you could get the foam and do that part yourself if you prefer.

I had previously tried to collect a set of NOS covers, but the color differences looked bad so
I gave up and went repro... the matched set now looks great.

Regards,
Jon

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine from Addirondak Dodge. Green vinyl kind. I had to put the eyes in the passenger side bottom and back. Went to the local auto upholstery shop and got some firm 2" foam. Nice and comfy on the backside now. I think I like the vinyl better than the canvas, when it rains, or water spills on it, you can wipe it up and not have a wet buttox for the next 2 hrs!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Cool two good sources, and resonable prices. What shade green are those Adirondak Dodge vinyl covers? Did you guys just replace the all the original padding or supliment it with additional foam?
Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use New Life Resource Management. IIRC is was about $120 for all 4 seat covers in that wonderfully odoriferous canvas.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll see if I can find it. I know she just sold the company but I should have the contact info somewhere.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another option is, if you are a penny pincher like me, make your own.
I got canvas of best quality from "OD Cloth" (see Jon's post above) for about $35/yard.
Using an awl, I stitched up the driver's seat bottom and back for a good finish. I used the old torn up covers for patterns.
Foam rubber can be purchased locally from upolstry shops for very little if needed.
Canvas by the yard and an awl is useful for making a lot of custom covers for your deuce, my "bikini" top is another example.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic of the seat color. The drivers bottom is the one that was on the truck when I got it. All the other covers were canvas and were rotted from the sun and sitting for 8 years. The drivers bottom was and still is not faded, pliable and no rips. I love the smell of canvas, and it probably is a tad cooler on the arse in warm weather, but I think the vinyl is more forgiving and will last longer. I have a bad habbit of putting tools in my rt back pocket, I had a Snap-On ssd6 screwdriver in my pocket and sat in the seat. All that happened was a small ripple in the cover. When it warmed up. the ripple was gone, no damage to the cover

Attachments