• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement seat options

Third From Texas

how can an airbag go off if the seat is NOT attached to any power source? or are they mechanical activate / inflate?
There are a number of OSHA articles that discuss the handling of airbags.

How does it happen? How do unloaded guns kill people? People don't know what they are doing when screwing with them (most folks are from a generation that either never had them or from the generations that followed who can't change a tire). Airbags are rated as an explosive charge and I'm only suggesting you treat them as such.

coachgeo

There are a number of OSHA articles that discuss the handling of airbags.

How does it happen? How do unloaded guns kill people? People don't know what they are doing when screwing with them (most folks are from a generation that either never had them or from the generations that followed who can't change a tire). Airbags are rated as an explosive charge and I'm only suggesting you treat them as such.
good point... but was not referring to removing them or even touching them. was referring ONLY to not plugging up the seat's electrical harness if they have air bags in them.

ramdough

UPDATE:

Randomly ran across a totaled BMW X3 at a car shop. I asked the guy what he wanted for both seats..... he said $40.

I said deal.....

He gave me the wiring diagrams, the seats, the harness up to the main loom (18” or so long), and the heated seat buttons. I gave him $60.... maybe should have given him more, but he was happy for the extra money.

In the pictures, the seats are all the way up (easier to get at the bolts) and just placed in the truck. Brackets look easy to make.

I have a video of the seat power working in the truck. How do I post that?

UPDATE: got more wiring diagrams. Added lumbar support controls diagrams.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ronmar

UPDATE:

Randomly ran across a totaled BMW X3 at a car shop. I asked the guy what he wanted for both seats..... he said $40.

I said deal.....

He gave me the wiring diagrams, the seats, the harness up to the main loom (18” or so long), and the heated seat buttons. I gave him $60.... maybe should have given him more, but he was happy for the extra money.

In the pictures, the seats are all the way up (easier to get at the bolts) and just placed in the truck. Brackets look easy to make.

I have a video of the seat power working in the truck. How do I post that?
And that was a deal!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks