• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Seats that Bolt Right In?

Hello again!
I've been searching and reading past posts about replacement front seat possibilities for my M1009. There seems to be varying success using camaro, cavalier, monte carlo, s10, jimmy, tahoe, and suburban seats. Some, if not most, of these seat swaps require re-using the existing metal mounts and slides. Well, my seats, upholstery, metal mounts, and slides are junk and I need help. Are there any seats and metal frame bases that have been found to bolt in using the original mounting locations? My ultimate desire would be to avoid drilling and welding. Any help is appreciated but knowledge based on experience and fact would be super cool. Thanks in advance!

cucvrus

I have done this several times to different M1009. I used the mounting pedestals from Chevrolet Astro van/GMC Safari vans. I never drill holes in the floor pan. I use the existing holes. I make brackets out of 1/4" x2" flat bar or 3/8" X 3 " flat bar all steel. I then drill the flat bar to fit the floor pan holes. And bolt them to the floor. I then position the pedestals and what ever seat you are using on the flat bar and mark it where it best fits and you have the adjustment you want. Mark the holes from the pedestal to the flat bar and remove the flat bar and drill it. I use an elevator bolt or a 3/8" stud and weld it on the back side of the flat bar so it is where you can bolt the seat to the flat bar not to the floor. Sand and paint the flat bar mount it to the floor and mount your seats in place you should be good to go. i have been using seats out of new vans and they are a bit high but very inexpensive and very comfortable. i have put bench seats in a couple of M1009s. The type that fold front. they came from Chevy/GMC trucks. very nice and comfortable. I always use the flat bar. I do not drill thru the floor pan. That is NO NO. But drill away if you wish. That is my choice. I try to do everything so it can be removed and the slightest modification is made. I have worked on WWII GPW and MB jeeps that were hacked and cut to pieces. And CUCV's lately that are all hacked up. Do as you wish. I will attach a few pictures of an M1009 with a bench seat installed.002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpgI hope that helps you. I may give you some ideas. But I have everything attached to the OEM attachment points including the seat belts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks