• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacing air lines

nickd

Any one have some guidence on the tools required to flair the end of the copper lines? I am thinking about replacing them with the high pressure plastic lines.

devilman96

Lots of work but easy to do... However none of the fittings for the air brakes are flared, only the hydraulic lines have flares. Air brake lines are all compression ring fittings and the parts they attach to are all NPT (pipe).

Napa carries all of the needed fittings for both styles as do many other places which deal in heavy truck parts. I would get a Napa, Areoquip and Weatherhead catalog (pending your sources) and have it at.

greensix

I suggest using d.o.t. fittings from someone like parker.they have truck air brake hose also.if you pop a hose or copper line in can be very dangerous especially with braking.if you look at your fittings they are probably stamped with d.o.t.