• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing and troubleshooting my rear main seal

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks @Modiconman for taking the time to record a video of this. I can say that on my LDS the rear main seal carrier looks different; it is a distinct part that bolts to the rear of the block and has a paper gasket between it and the block. My carrier sticks out more than what you have there; my whole carrier sits about as proud as your two bolt heads.
My rear main seal comes out with the carrier; knocking it out and putting a new one into the carrier is a breeze and then the carrier with new seal gets bolted back on (new gasket and sealant and I also put sealant between the outer shell of the seal and the carrier and also underneath the carrier bolts).

There seem to be little differences like that between the otherwise very similar engine blocks.