• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reset Decal

csheath

I see some units with a decal reading RESET. Does this indicate it HAS been reset or SHOULD be reset?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming here that you are talking about a genset? Normally, if a Hobbs meter is labeled as 'reset' it means that it has been reset. This is a common practice in the military when equipment is rebuilt. Usually, reset labels are not applied when the meters are replaced or run back. Never believe what a Hobbs meter is reading unless it is obvious that the equipment is new and unused.

csheath

I am referring to generators. The decal I am talking about is a large white decal with black letters that read "RESET". It doesn't seem to have any relation or reference to the hour meter as I have seen this decal on the outside of the panel cover on a lot of units with different hour readings.

Guyfang

Staff member
Often, you will find a decal or data plate on the right side of the gen set, or engine, when the generator has been reset. But not always. Its to the left of the coolant overflow bottle, most of the time. Gives info on the who, what and where of reset to that gen set.

The decal you are speaking about is normally applied when the set is finished reset, before shipping, to differentiate between a set ready to ship, and not ready to ship.

TrailLifeBill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming you are referring to the unit you just bought from GL. Mine had the same sticker on the outside of the unit - but no other labels/tags on the engine like some I've seen on here. My Hobbs shows roughly 6600 hours, but the exhaust manifold paint is still fresh. All hoses/belts look new. Gen housing paint looks rough, so mine appears that a new/remanufactured engine has been dropped in. Mine was a USMC generator, and runs like a top! Good luck with yours.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks