• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restoration continues: Wiring Harnesses, etc. for MEP-017A

hmsgoodhope

Hi folks,

Looking for some help.

After a month of clean up and repairs I finally got the engine of my MEP 017A to run - and it runs well - Hooray! Now the challenge...

The existing wiring harnesses from the engine to the control panel, and from the control panel to the generator have seen better days - in fact they need to be replaced. (NOTE: Both EXTERNAL of the control box - not the internal harnesses). Do any of you know of a source I can connect with that might have spares in inventory and can sell? Worst case I can trace leads on connectors and cut/replace existing cable but would rather buy new assemblies if possible.

I am also looking for the rubber manifold that connects the exhaust to the air filter - mine is cracked as you would expect from years of neglect.

Lastly - looking for new gaskets for Fuel Can Adapter - current ones are dried out and will not hold line/tube in place snugly as intended.

Besides the above - I am starting to disconnect - clean - and reconnect - every electrical connection on the generator - inside is downright scary corroded and will take weeks to clean up - no rust though so it can/will get done!
Any leads I can follow up greatly appreciated!

I'll post pictures next week of work done so far...

Ed

hmsgoodhope

Thanks!

Hi Jim,

Got basic parts from Saturn - thanks though for calling them out as they are first stop and I should have mentioned in post. Will call them again on Monday on off chance they have some unadertised "goodies" in back that will help. Cheers!

Ed

ETN550

If you need the fiberglass jacketed nickel or tinned wire then McMaster-Carr has it. Quite expensive but is as close to the mil spec as I could find.

derf

I just picked up a 017A donor. It has been sitting a while but is mostly complete.
I just want to 5kW head and maybe the bell housing so the rest is up for grabs.

I also have the harness from a 016E that I gutted in good shape.

Let me know exactly what you need and I'll see what condition it is in.

Last edited: