• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rewireing

XM 2742

Both! I was thinking about redoing the old harness by duplicateing the old wireing but not sure about where to get connectors.

I have a bunch of cut wires from the original harness and an almost complete bundle from another truck,. It doesn't look too complicated but just wondering if it was worth the trouble.

Westech

CPL
I have to rewire my M211... Im just going to do it myself. Im leaving out the black out lights, that will cut about 50% of the wires out. Really its not much to do at all.

XM 2742

I have been looking at the remanants of the existing bundles and you sure are right. I think I will use the old bundles as a template and just go from there. I can wire lights etc as 12 volt and kee[ all the other stuff in a box if I sell the truck to a purist. I just don't want to make it hard to figure out for the next guy and kinda follow existing hangers and such.

nattieleather

The military wiring is about as plug and play as any computer system...meaning that 22 is brake light. 23 is tail. 16 is low beam, 17 is high and 18 is headlight ground. Just hook the numbers up and away you go.

XM 2742

You guys are great. I have found a source for Douglas connectors and wireing. I plan to duplicate bundles and use as many old connectors as I can.

Looks like this project can be done in front of the tube in a comfortable chair while watching an Eastwood movie.

Anything beats the price of an OEM repro from some of the companies out there..

dabtl

I had Vintage Wiring of Maine convert the front marker lights to turn signal lights. They did a great job. I will assemble the truck this spring, hopefully.

nattieleather

Since you are rewiring the truck and you stated that you not to concern about stock why not get the Packard connections instead of the Douglas ones. They would be a big improvement, more weather resistant and are a little bit easier to take back apart. Just a thought.

dabtl

I want it to appear stock, but with subtle differences. They offered Packard connectors at the time I ordered.

Last edited: