• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rewiring the M37

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made the decision to rewire the entire truck during the restoration. Vintage wiring says on the M37 you must reuse your 1 to 1 and 2 to 1 connectors. I'm assuming these are Douglas "splitters" and "gender changers" used someplace on the vehicle.

Can someone tell me where these are so I don't toss them out with the rotted wire?

zak

They are the plastic inner connectors to join the bullet ends. Some of the vendors carry them if you come up short. And save all the Douglas metal connectors, you never know when you might need them.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The male connectors that are crimped to the wire. The 1 to 1 and 2 to 1 connectors are found inside the Douglas metal shells and do not go bad with age. The 1 to 1 resembles a butt connector.

Bill W

Here maybe pictures will help
Aforementioned Connectors are the thingys with the arrows pointing at them [thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here maybe pictures will help
Aforementioned Connectors are the things with the arrows pointing at them [thumbzup]
OK, there we go. So wherever there are connections, you have these inserts. Are they also in the Douglas connectors where they attach to sending units, gauges, etc.? I guess I'll pull some apart tomorrow and take a look.

zout

ALso what might be a good idea is add a little and I mean litle dielectric grease to them. It aids in disconnnecting them when you want to remove them - it does not pass elec current through it - aids in anti corrosion.

But EH - whadda I know and its only my .02 cents worth.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks