• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Richmond VA. M1008 pick up and storage

Cigarjoe

I won a M1008 in Richmond VA. and got my EUC on 12/18/09 when I called on 12/21/09 to schedule a pick up the GL guy said he only does pick ups on Tuesday and Wednesday from 8-2 and that the truck had to be out by 12/30/09. So I thought great, I am planning on getting it shipped. So called a shipper and told him the deal and he said it wasn't going to happen that fast with the holidays. I also won a M101A1 out of Mechanicsburg, PA. so I drove from Indy to Richmond got there in a blizzard found a towing company to pick it up and store it. Then drove to PA and got the trailer. The problem is the truck still is not picked up and I am being charged $10 a day storage. What I am asking is for someone to pick it up from the towing company and sitting on it until the transporter comes through with a hauler for it. The truck does not start, but the good news is I left a key so it roles and the drive shaft is not bent. Is there anyone close to Richmond VA. that can please HELP!!!aua What an ordeal my first MV has been so far.

Last edited:

peecook

i'd help but have no way to get it back to the house. PM me if you want to get it delivered to the house.

silly question, can I use a medium towbar on the 1008?

Last edited:

Viper350

If you still need the truck moved I have a car trailer I can move it with if it will fit and if you have somewhere local to store it. I noticed peecook's offered to keep it for you. I'm looking for my first MV also. Just contact me if I can help.