• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Right MV for me?

duecedodger

Hello, I am thinking about buying another M35A2C But would like to get profesional advice before I purchase another one. Here is a list of what I would use it for.
1. Daily driver, I would like to have this truck just as a regular vehicle as meaning driving everywhere and anywhere.

2. Hauling trailers, I want to haul construction equipment on flat bed tag trailer I've seen videos on youtube that shows deuces hauling trailers of this type... So they should pull them.

3. Offroad recovery truck, I know a deuce can go pretty much anywhere but would it make a good recovery vehicle for pulling out stuck pickups and other vehicles?

4. How could I keep the nehighborhood kids from getting inside? Is there any locking door handles I could put on the doors where a key is needed to open the door?

Last Since I live in the city Is a deuce really right for me? Im good at driving in tight places with a truck of this size but is there anything smaller I could drive and still work with the truck?
Thanks Frank.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. Doable but plates won't be cheap .
2. Deuces are only rated to tow #10,000
3. Deuces will go MOST anywhere , when you get it stuck your in for a adventure or alot of money to get it out.
4. Aftermarket locking door handles are availible , there are a few threads on it if you search.

5. Check local zoning laws to see if you can keep a deuce where you live .

EWhytsell

There a lot of more modern, capable, safer, and comfortable trucks to use daily in hauling trailers. Now if your just going to commute in it and haul some stuff from home depot a few times per year then I'd go for it, but again I'd drive a nice small corolla or something and "play" with the duece.

duecedodger

Ok Thanks for the link for the door handles.

Also the other reason I want another deuce is because Parts are easy for me to get and cheep or free due to the fact I live very close to alot of diesel shops and Kublos surplus. And the cost for diesel wont be a big price switch for me I only get 10-12 MPGs with the vehicle I drive now.

duecedodger

Ok Thanks for the link for the door handles.

Also the other reason I want another deuce is because Parts are easy for me to get and cheep or free due to the fact I live very close to alot of diesel shops and Kublos surplus. And the cost for diesel wont be a big price switch for me I only get 10-12 MPGs with the vehicle I drive now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks