• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Right Side Can Holder Photos

m139h2otruck

The ROKON is my son's, #4 of the current batch. Has had up to 6 at one time. Fills the garage up with all his stuff!! Silver one in photo is a kind of a hybrid, old frame w/ transmission, old style steering head and Power Bee engine with a Comet clutch/torque converter on it. Things are sort of neat, but the old ones are fragile, and can be hard to start with the snowmobile type carb. Newest ones, still made here in NH, have Kohler 4 cycle engines and work real nice. He also has another fully restored frame with the new style steering head waiting in the celler, along with maybe enough parts to build two or more bikes.

m139h2otruck

ROKON made some diesel units for the Army of Jordan in the 90's. I think they used a Yanmar high rpm 5 hp engine, but without asking my son I don't remember. At 5 or so hp, they must have been real slow, as the Kohler gas motors with 7-8 hp go about 30-32 mph, and the high hp Power Bee engines can do almost 40 mph.

tklm539

I do not mean to hijack this, but I am looking to purchase a rights side can holder if someone could point me in the correct direction it would be a great help.

I cannot seem to find one anywhere.

Thanks

Tom

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks to me like an easy modification to a left side can holder.
machine some larger holes
Spot weld on a hinge

Just need to get a good copy of the installation instructions for hardware callouts. Posting the installation instructions in PDF would be cool.

m139h2otruck

I've got no idea how to convert this 18"x24" print into a PDF. The parts are only nuts, bolts, two sets of the quick release screws like the dash panel uses and the holder with a hinge. One of you guys PM'ed me, and I told him that I paid $30+ for the unit in the box from a guy from Londonderry, NH, who is I think a member of the NE club. I don't know if he has any more.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could scan it and save it as a PDF. You may even be able to take a picture of it and save it that way...just my thoughts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks