• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RIMVCC Quonset, RI Aug 30 Status?

WarrenD

Does anyone know if the show at Quonset, RI for this Sunday (8/30) is still on? Forecast doesn't look bad as of now but I'd rather not drive 2 hours each way for nothing.
Thanks for any info!

WarrenD

Great, thanks for the link, I'll check Craig's List again tomorrow. I was think it would be "rain or shine" but you just never know.....

jatonka

Quonset is on for the 30th which is Sunday but they told the Comvec club that the 29th Saturday evening dinner is probably off. I'll be there the 30th with all spin-on adaptors and buying some stuff too. JT out

Green_gator

I have a picture somewhere of me and friends in one of the air sea rescue helicopters there from 1969. We lived on Happy Rd North Kingstown while dad was an adviser to the Mass NG at Fort Devans and then when he went to Viet Nam. Will have to find that and post.

WarrenD

Warren, Great pictures of the COMVEC meet. Thanks for including my deuce in your slide show. Bob C.
Thanks, Bob. I'm guessing that you had a different deuce than your avatar as I think I'd remember seeing that one. I work in Cheshire and have heard rumors about someone in your town with a deuce, guess that would be you! If you ever want good pics (real set-up shot in a field or on a wooded road etc) let me know. I also have some new software that does very nice black and white conversions for that older, gritty look.

badgmc56

Warren, I would definately want some set-up shots of my M-211 and my M35A2 together once the GMC is road worthy and painted 24087 semi gloss. I will PM you when I'm ready. My M35A2 was at the COMVEC show. Great turnout and well put on show. I wish we could do more rallys up here like the guys down south do. Sounds like they have an awesome time and get to meet a lot of SS members.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks