• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ripped cab from mirrors

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the couple guys whose mirrors I've seen torn from the cowl; miltrucks on ebay (ohio) has a rust free cab on ebay for 50$ with no bids. It would be an easy and cheap fix. [thumbzup]

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh , one other thing-it has not been tested (thankfully); I cut a small "v" in the mirror mount bracket on the cowl and installed 2 nylon washers on the mirror mount bolt. Hopefully if I ever hit something with a mirror it will just pull out and fold to the cab. Just a thought if someone wants to test it! (I know where you can get a cheap cab) :wink:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cut part I saw was the rear removeable cover (transfer case). Could just use your old one unless there was more cut I didn't see.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you look through all pics there is a cut by master cyl and a cut by top of trans tunnel. Easy to fix but was very dumb to cut. :cry:

Miltrucks

I can jump in here. Cab is in overall not too bad of shape. Rear tunnel cover was cut, as well as right where the winch shift lever comes up through the floor. Didn't want to do it that way, but was having problems with the crane that way and had to "modify" to get things taken apart.

Bolts have also been cut where the front fenders attach, so they would need to be pulled, drilled, cut out.

Rockers look pretty good. Didn't feel underneath them, but sides look good.

Floors nice and solid as well.

For $50, somebody will get their money's worth out of it. Priced it this way as I just don't want it setting around anymore. FInishing up my last MV project and trying to clean up the farm.

Have multiple ways to load it depending on what you bring to pick up :)

Miltrucks

and thanks hndrsonj for the advertisement :) Have several MV items listed up this time around. Cracking open about 7 engine containers next and will be listing up more stuff here soon.

FreightTrain

Banned
I would buy it if I could get it delivered cheap.I need a good rust free cab.Mine is kinda crusty on the rockers both inside the door jam,Below the doors and up under.