• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Riverside LED Lights

captcarc

I am considering switching my front and back lights to Riverside Mfg. LED units. Any experiences, tips, feedback to share? Thanks. Frank

welldigger

Do you already have them or getting a great deal on them? I find the led lights various companies made for the military to be very sub par in the reliability department.

Installation in very straight forward. The hardest part is matching the correct wires up. Which if your number tags are legible then that shouldn't be an issue. They are much brighter and way cooler looking than ordinary incandescent bulbs and housings.

As I said above, my biggest gripe is how expensive and unreliable they are. Unlike a normal housing, when these go out you don't just replace a bulb. You replace the whole unit.

captcarc

Not good for the apocalypse, but otherwise OK I guess. I'd hate to loose that function. May roll the dice though. Thanks!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From my point of view, there is NOT a headlight or taillight made WORTH $100 each, or for that matter not even a pair.

welldigger

Don't get me wrong. Many people have the led lights and love them. There's just a growing group of us who have spent a lot of money on them and gotten burned. I will admit I had a particularly bad experience. That being said I won't tell you not to get them. If you do purchase them I certainly hope you don't have any problems. There's a good chance you won't.

Jeepsinker

On mine, when the blackout function is selected, the regular brake lights light up. This totally defeats the purpose of the blackout function. Good for backup lights though.

rolling18

I just bought/ installing my RIVERSIDE brand you are asking about.

In my opinion they seem good so far. the rear bucket half is a gloss green while the half with the lights are flat OD.
they are very much brighter than the bulbs!!! with a decent angle of visibility, they are brighter than the Trucklight brand and have greater visual angle and more LEDs!

The blackouts are functioning fine, I compared it with the bulbs on one side you can see how much brighter from inside the cab as the reflected lights.
compared to the multi hundred $$$ EA. light .. these are a "steal" and NEW

these have the same visual lenses as the LED headlights and should match better if you get the yellow front signals ( if i didnt have led in front already I woud buy the amber ones as well!

I'd reccomend them myself..