• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip to Dogheads and Beyond

m38inmaine

Left Maine 9pm Thursday night, drove straight through to ziggyo's in NJ and picked up some trailer bows, it was 6am and still dark so no pictures there. Left ziggy's and headed to Phila, PA to pick up a MKT for WPNS421. Arrived in Phila. around 8am and picked up the MKT at Eastern Surplus. First two pictures, MKT loaded up and some trucks in their yard, also had a couple of 5ton wreckers they were refurbing in the shop. From there headed to Dogheads and made it there around 2:30, dropped the MKT and headed for Drum. Arrived at Drum around 3:15, just made it and recovered a M116A3 trailer. Saw a couple of M557(?) APC's headed off of Drum. Drove back to dogheads and stacked the two trailers using his handy backhoe. Took a brief break and had some gamma goat fun for my son. I think Eric enjoyed it as much as my son did, Eric even let him take it for a spin. Wish we could have stayed longer. From there off to lake George, NY. Arrived in lake George at 11:30pm picked up some commo gear and it was finally time to head home. Arrived home in Maine at 11:30am Saturday. A very long drive but well worth it. The MKT delivery was a last minute deal but it saved WPNS421 600 miles of driving. Being up here in Maine doesn't leave me alot of chances to help out with transportation needs of most SS members so this was a good chance at the right time to help one out.

Attachments

Last edited:

WPNS421

Mark that was a heck of a trip and greatly apprecited the detour to pickup the MKT. Tried my damnest to get down to you but just couldn't get free. One of the best thing is that I got to meet Doghead and Amy. Wasn't the Goat the sweetest thing, my wife loved the mule. Will PM you soon.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was gonna ask if you got to see Amy's new Jackass, er, Mule! Or, is that a motorized pallet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks