• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip - UT/AZ Again

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the originally planned trip which was supposed to be our big maiden voyage, and we're well underway at this point. Truck ran flawlessly, and running between 60 and 65 mph is netting low 8's for mpg. Drive train is running smoothly and I am loving what the Eco hubs do for all the running gear speeds.

I am posting from outside Wellington, UT, where we've started down the UTBDR. We'll run a portion of it into the San Rafael Swell and then on to Hanksville, Capitol Reef, and Kanab. Last night was our first outside of civilization, and it was delightful.

Weather will be better in a day or so, but no complaints here- we're not at work.

20240426_200453.jpg

20240426_201024.jpg

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved camp into the Swell today. Perched on top of Cedar Mountain tonight.

Lunch stop on edge of an outcropping
20240427_131348.jpg

Pulled into camp
20240427_142208.jpg

Scenery, 50' from camp
20240427_174412.jpg

Camp
DJI_0312~2.JPG

We'll be heading down off the rim in the next day or two, likely to be out of service at that point. Will keep in touch when I can though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks