• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip (Vacation) to CA

Me and the Family went on leave to CA for a couple weeks and visited a few bases and museums while on the trip. Figured I would post a pictures of the sights we saw. First is March Air Base Museum in Riverside, CA. They actually had a mock fire base set up.

Attachments

There were a few ex-Navy Boxcars, an ex-Army kitchen car and a whole bunch of Army lowboys with old track. (there also some more ex-mil cars that I couldn't get too).

Attachments

truck1

Thanks for posting! Glad the Iowa is a museum ship now. Saw her in Richmond while she was being outfitted for the tow to So Cal. Great pics!

And finally there were a bunch of hangers with some great things inside. It was a neat place, glad we stopped there.

Attachments

I wasn't able to take pictures of all the MVs I saw on flatbeds on the trip back (I-10). I did see some type of WW2 German Armor on a flatbed headed west but it was mostly covered, so all I saw was some of the front tracks and part of the paint scheme on the front.

It was a 1300 trip back in an M915A1, but it was alot better than the trip last year in my M109. 7.7 MPG on this trip.

Attachments

drician

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am glad you made it to PIMA. I was there 8 years ago, and it looks like they have added a lot more items to the collection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks