• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip!!!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headed to Ponchatoula from Effie tomorrow (01-06-10) to Timntrucks to (finally) pick up my M353. Gonna bring my boy as he is out of school. Planning on a 0700ish start, easy ride down Highway 1 and over to Tims. Will post pics.

Finally got the temperature issue settled, new batteries, fresh anti-freeze, fresh oil change and topped off the truck with high quality go-go juice.

BTW, let me publicly say here a BIG thank you to Tim for holding my trailer this long! It has been at his place since early June last year.

I have the boy some drinks, snacks, earmuffs and Ipod loaded, so he should be ok.....

Wish us luck!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not push it back a day and we'll fix the M818 tim has!...........

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim is a great guy. Me and wife can't wate to see him and his wife at his Rally this year we had a wonderful time at his place last year.
AEC Retired Tony

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would wait til Saturday, but I have previous obligations....... The boy was up @0530. Hitting the road when the sky starts lightening up.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shucks, I wish I'd known it needed to get to you. I went to Pineville on 1/5 to preview some trailers. Could have dropped it off at your place on the way.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ken and his son travis came by today.. the weather was super nice.. they couldnt stay long as no lights on the trailer but had time to look around.. and of course had to take some pics

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
trailboss is always ready to help out.. do you have enought trailers Doug??? you must be getting the bigger ones now. [thumbzup]

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TB, thanks for the offer, but I've been looking for a reason to take a deuce road trip anyhow!

Tim, again, it's always a pleasure and thank you again!

Funny story, coming home, I got flagged into the weigh station on I-12. As I pulled onto the scales. the trooper looked out the window with a look of disbelief on his face, smiled and waved me on.....

Here are some pics.....

EDIT: Sorry for the sideways and upside down. I apparently don't know how to take pics on an Iphone....

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken, OH, it was a Deuce trip excuse, never mind! Glad you made it back safe. It was a great day for a road trip.

Tim, when I told my wife I bought another trailer, she just :roll: smiled and shook her head. At least she smiled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks