• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roar or chatter under drivers side

Hooty481

Ive got a roar or somewhat of a chatter coming from under the drivers side floor board. I cant identify it. the drive shaft seems tight and everything i have touched seems to be tight. It usually dont start happening until you get to about 40mph then from 40 on it come and goes not really a constant thing. i dont think it is normal.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you check the short shaft between the trans and t-case? I know this shaft is notorious for getting loose on the deuce.

Hooty481

i'll check tomorrow... or maybe tonite when i get home. ive checked the fluid in the tranny but i cant find the fill hole for the transfercase... the drane plug is very visable but cant see the fill plug

Hooty481

I have checked all of the drive shafts. and all seem fine. the parking brake is kinda loose when disengaged i am thinking this might be the problem so when i get a chance i am going to completely remove it to see if the noise stops. i cant stand the noise. I'm afraid something bad will happen. i have also checked the fluids in everyhting but the transfer case and i cant seem to find where the fluid goes in. i have found a couple plugs but all look to low to be the fill hole and i cant find it in the tm's...

Hooty481

so i got around to pulling the parking brake shoes off today and took it up the road and the noise and vibration was gone. the only problem is they look brand new. is there a certain step by step adjustment or somethign to look for. also what is the chance that my parking brake drum is warped? how would i go about checking to see?

Hooty481

parking brake head ache

So my parkign brake was making a terrible nosie and bad vibration when going down the road. i pulled it off and the brake shoes are brand new looking. it all seems kinda loose but nothing seems to have wear on it. ive looked in the tms and i cant find where it says trouble shooting. i went by the book but the problem is still there. any ideas