• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rock Sliders / Rocker Guards.....

McSpeed

My latest adventure into the Alaskan wilderness beat the crap out of the rockers.

I actually peeled back the reinforcement at the bottom of the B pillar to rocker on the passenger side - and dented the driver side badly.

I see Predator, Midwest Military Equip, and more offer guards.

These are not just the bottom of the rocker - but go all the way under the floor board and make it possible to plate off the fuel tank as well.

Shipping is the killer for me - as always. Add another $1,000 to the cost of the parts to get them to me.

I'm very happy with the MWM aluminum doors - and they were reasonably priced - just the shipping hurts.

What other alternatives are there before I re-mortgage my house for shipping?

I notice the ones I'm seeing are made of steel - like hundreds of pounds worth.

A thick aluminum would be nice - at least easier to install and not going to rust.

A redneck version would be maybe 6" angle iron 1/4" or so thick, then trimmed to fit the rockers and plating under - maybe 3/16 - or 1/4" if aluminum.

I'm interested in ideas or more pics/video of any the vendor based ones installed.

Crapgame

I had custom 0.25" thick steel ones made left undrilled so I could use the existing bolt holes in the Ground Mobility Vehicle GMV rockers. I painted the inside with the beige Flex Seal spray paint to build up a membrane to prevent the electrolysis from dissimilar metals. Outside I primed then painted in CARC Tan 686.

Your offroad adventures, the SOCOM GMVs had aluminum skid plates under the passenger footwells with a standoff bracket under the back seat area, then the 0.25" steel jack rail/rock sliders installed to reinforce the floor.
Driver Side Skid Plate1.jpg

McSpeed

I had custom 0.25" thick steel ones made left undrilled so I could use the existing bolt holes in the Ground Mobility Vehicle GMV rockers. I painted the inside with the beige Flex Seal spray paint to build up a membrane to prevent the electrolysis from dissimilar metals. Outside I primed then painted in CARC Tan 686.

Your offroad adventures, the SOCOM GMVs had aluminum skid plates under the passenger footwells with a standoff bracket under the back seat area, then the 0.25" steel jack rail/rock sliders installed to reinforce the floor.
View attachment 901084
That is awesome!!!!!

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks