• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rolling legit via ITS corp

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I should post this here since many of us are waiting on SF-97's and don't read that section very much; as this may help.
I just got my title info back from ITS corp. (International Title Service) and went to the DMV to get my deuce registered and titled. Everything went well and I walked out with my tags in hand. It took ITS 7 business days and cost me $200. I am still waiting for the elusive SF-97, (2 months now) but it doesn't matter anymore since this worked.
I wish I had done this from day one.
:D

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Rolling legit via ITS corp

When and if my SF-97 form comes in, I can just distroy in, therefore there will NOT be 'another claim' for the truck. I don't think this is illegal as long as there is not 'another claim' to the truck floating around, i.e. the SF-97. That is the only concern that that the state would have. I know several people have done it this way now, and without incident.

Crash_AF

I wouldn't destroy the SF-97, I would just file it away with the title so that there is record that the Gov released it in case something ever comes up in the future.

Later,
Joe

Elwenil

The SF-97 is your certificate to obtain a title, proof that your vehicle was released by the US Government, purchased legally and not stolen.

area52

Re: RE: Re: RE: Rolling legit via ITS corp

Elwenil said:
The SF-97 is your certificate to obtain a title, proof that your vehicle was released by the US Government, purchased legally and not stolen.
While it is proof that is was legally released by the Government, it is by no means illegal to obtain a title with out the SF-97.

If you have the invoice(proof of legal purchase) and go to an insurance agent, get a title bond and go the the police so they can do the vin verification, then everything is legal and you can get the title no problems. this is a fact and not just me saying so.

Crash_AF

Re: RE: Rolling legit via ITS corp

mangus580 said:
Crash_AF said:
So is not providing the SF-97 within 30 days of the sale, but that doesn't stop GL...
Show me something that says this....
42-6-119. Certificates for vehicles registered in other states.

(2) If a dealer acquires the ownership of a motor vehicle by lawful means and the motor vehicle is titled under the laws of a state other than Colorado, such dealer shall not be required to file a Colorado certificate of title for the vehicle so long as such vehicle remains in the dealer's possession and at the dealer's place of business solely for the purpose of sale.

(3) Upon the sale by a dealer of a motor vehicle, the certificate of title to which was issued in a state other than Colorado, the dealer shall, within thirty days after the date of sale, deliver or facilitate the delivery to the purchaser such certificate of title from a state other than Colorado duly and properly endorsed or assigned to the purchaser with a statement by the dealer that shall contain or be accompanied by a written declaration that it is made under the penalties of perjury in the second degree, as defined in section 18-8-503, C.R.S., and that shall set forth the following:

(17) "Used motor vehicle dealer" means any person who, for commission or with intent to make a profit or gain of money or other thing of value, sells, exchanges, leases, or offers an interest in used motor vehicles, or attempts to negotiate a sale, exchange, or lease of used and new motor vehicles or who is engaged wholly or in part in the business of selling used motor vehicles, whether or not such motor vehicles are owned by such person. The sale of three or more used motor vehicles or the offering for sale of more than three used motor vehicles at the same address or telephone number in any one calendar year shall be prima facie evidence that a person is engaged in the business of selling used motor vehicles. "Used motor vehicle dealer" includes any owner of real property who allows more than three used motor vehicles to be offered for sale on such property during one calendar year unless said property is leased to a licensed used motor vehicle dealer

bottleworks

Let's all remember that an SF-97 is NOT a title. I don't see any evidence that you MUST use an SF-97 when titling a vehicle.

Crash_AF

The SF-97 is the Certificate to Obtain Title stating that the vehicle has been released from the US Government since the feds don't issue titles. For all intents and purposes, it is a title. Now, that said, I don't believe there is anything requiring that the SF-97 be used on the Federal side of things, the individual states vary in their requirements.

Later,
Joe

jimm1009

Isn't the top of the SF-97 labeled "Certificate of Origin"?

If so this is only verifiecation of the fact that the vehicle exists while stating the year of manufacture, serial number, model number, and your name.
If this is the case then it is not a title but simply the beginning paperwork for you as the owner to obtain title in your state.

Purchasing a trailer from a local and reputable manufacture usually comes with a certificate of origin.
When I purchase my american made car from the military outlet in Germany on-base, it came with a certificate of origin too. I used that as the basis to obtain a title and registration in my name.

I would hold on to the SF-97 if it was not used for titling too. In my state it must be turned in to obtain title (providing I don't use someone like ITS) but I will make a clear, color copy before doing so and perhaps have it notorized. $10.00 is not too much for a little extra insurance.
My 1.57 cents worth... money is worth much less in Louisiana these days!!
Have a GREAT weekend working on your O.D. Green treasures and be safe!
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks