• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RPM increase when applying brakes?

gungearz

And also pay attention if you only touch the right bottom corner of the brake pad, like you do on a car... You have to lift your knee up and place it on the center of the brake to press the brake. I have a wide foot and drive my deuce like a car will result in the same way because it tends to push the gas peddle the same time I'm hitting the brake... It might be your driving style and your hitting both peddles at the same time.....

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Linkage first.
The governor spring system in the pump is very touchy. When they start getting soft the idle will change, increase, during breaking, or pointing down hill. Conversely, they will idle slower in a nose high position. This is not really a problem as long as the idle returns to normal at level. The possible danger is that the fuel shut off point (max RPM) will also increase and this can be bad. Officially the yoke is moving on the pivot in the pump and moving the fuel control rod which is moving the plunger sleeve and that is only a few thousands of and inch for 150 rpm.