• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RRAD rebuild question

NavySon

I was looking at an M923 the other day with the RRAD tags. It had 24,XXX showing on the odometer. The RRAD indicated the rebuild occurred at about 20,XXX. How is this interpreted? The engine is 2008 and the truck is 1986 year. So does the truck have 44K miles on it in total, or does the engine only have about 4K miles? Do they typically replace or reset the odometers?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In a perfect world the motor only has 4K and the truck as a whole has 44K. It really all depends on if the gauges/speedo were the ones in it at reset(rebuild) and they still function. And no they don't replace the odometers at reset unless they are broken, that's why the tag on the dash is there.

sandcobra164

I've got a friends truck in the front yard right now. RRAD tags, 2X,XXX showing but 13 hours on the tach and the drivetrain concurs. I know he has not been to a pressure washer with it. I'd have to say he scored a practically new truck. I think you'll see alot of them like it in the near future.

MO MV man

Mine shows 19617 on the working odometer and 18202 on the RRAD tag.
Engine, hoses, radiator, everything are a thing of beauty.
I'd bet the farm the engine only has 1435 miles on it.

sandcobra164

MO MV man, I think my friend is the same one you sold that Deuce to. Riddle? He's sold that truck for profit and bought the "new" M923. We ended up having to do hydraulic head o-ring replacement on that Deuce and he had to replace the harmonic balancer and front cover seal and gasket. It was quite a nice build though, cut down Deuce bed cleanly executed, 395's and lock out hubs on the front.

MO MV man

MO MV man, I think my friend is the same one you sold that Deuce to. Riddle? He's sold that truck for profit and bought the "new" M923. We ended up having to do hydraulic head o-ring replacement on that Deuce and he had to replace the harmonic balancer and front cover seal and gasket. It was quite a nice build though, cut down Deuce bed cleanly executed, 395's and lock out hubs on the front.
Thanks, sandcobra!
I enjoyed building that deuce. Bobbing it totally changed the truck-for the better.
I could go on for hours.

I'd love to do the same to my M923 but it's the logistics of moving even BIGGER parts around that is a little hard to wrap my brain around......and the ABS.....and the air brake can placement vs. the leaf spring swap.........

One thing I can't stop telling people is how nice and EASY it is to drive the M923! Yes, it's HUGE but it's very comfortable (for an MV :)) and the power steering and automatic REALLY spoil you fast!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks