• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RT 524 mounting question

panzerjunky

Hello Gents
I have an antenna, antenna mount, sugar scoop, standoff, and backing plate to mount my antenna on my M35A2 I am going to mount on the bed pasenger side close to the front by the marker light as this is where I remember seing them in that location when I was in the military.
Any way my question is does the coax run through the side of the bed run on the floor of the bed then go through the front of the bed to line up to where it will end at the radio under the passenger seat .
What did the moulding look like that protected the cable in the bed.
Does anyone have any pics?
Thanks Jerry

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a radio guru and have never seen an install such as you describe, but I would think it best to run the coax down through the bed floor (this will also serve as a drain), using a grommet of course, and along the frame to the cab.

Armada

I'm guessing the RT is in the cab. No need to run the 2 cables (mx6707 base) in the bed, keep the cables on the outside of the bed to prevent them from being damaged. Bring them in low from the cab to the bed, run up the outside of the bed and come in underneath the standoff and scoop. There are access holes in both for the cables.

Attachments