• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber Plugs

acz62

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the rubber plugs for the topper. One of mine has rotted out and I can not seem to find any at the local parts stores. Also I appear to be missing the drain plug on the passenger side of the fire wall.

Thanks

Those plugs are just rubber grommets. They are there so that the cables running out to the antennas can pass through the cap while keeping it relatively sealed. It's not a stock GM part. You will have to buy a universal rubber plug or make a custom a plug for it. I think I even remember seeing some one on S.S. glued/epoxied a gatorade cap in the hole.

Last edited:

jw4x4

I found plugs for my top @ Lowe's, in the hardware dept. Look in the drawers where the specialty items are found.

o1951

I needed some - could not find rubber ones anyplace, so went to pick-a -part and popped them out of floor, trunk, firewall of a few vehicles. They squeeze down nice, and will fit a hole close in size.

salt6

I needed some - could not find rubber ones anyplace, so went to pick-a -part and popped them out of floor, trunk, firewall of a few vehicles. They squeeze down nice, and will fit a hole close in size.
Check with a user on here NEWFDAD. He might be able to help you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A tape measure and a google search for rubber plug, should solve this mystery.

123mack

I've delt with this in the process of routing co-ax when doing an antenna install on my M1009. Any large hardware or electrical/electronic supply will have rubber grommetts. Find the one with the proper o.d and the smallest i.d. Install and fill the hole with black rtv. This is what I do, after routing the co-ax of course. As a side note, be very careful how you phrase a google search for "rubber plug". You might get more than you wanted.

howardc

I almost started a new thread to look for this part but decided to try searching first. I think I'll skip googling naughty things at work and just hit lowes after the Christmas madness slows.

HAWKMAN

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the rubber plugs for the topper. One of mine has rotted out and I can not seem to find any at the local parts stores. Also I appear to be missing the drain plug on the passenger side of the fire wall.

Thanks
Do you need both for the top? I saw one the other day and it may have a brother hiding somewhere if you need a second.Let me know and I'll go back and check. TX's:D

Barrman

I just got some for both of my M1009's. Rubber cork was the key word at the local Ace hardware. I tried several sizes and found what they call a 1 inch fit in flush with the outside. I only tried it on one side of my M1009. Of course it didn't fit as good on the other side or on RED. However, all the holes are plugged and no water comes in with the rain and the heater works much better in the cold.

ssdvc

I just got some for both of my M1009's. Rubber cork was the key word at the local Ace hardware. I tried several sizes and found what they call a 1 inch fit in flush with the outside. I only tried it on one side of my M1009. Of course it didn't fit as good on the other side or on RED. However, all the holes are plugged and no water comes in with the rain and the heater works much better in the cold.
Same here, used ACE as they seemed to have the better selection of plug sizes. The 1" size fit, but could easily be pushed through, so I used just a small amount of weather strip adhesive to hold them tight. Worked great. Now I just have to the the top off and replace all the gaskets. Whooooopeee !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks