• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running bias with radials ? ? ?

jason@snakeriver

I am sure this is a bad question, but when I got the M-813's they were equiped with a nice set of 11:00x20 Michelin radials.
The front end is out of alignment and ate up the two front tires.
If I get the front end alligned, would it hurt to run 2 new NDT 11:00x20's on the front end? ? ?
11:00x20 Michelins are very hard to find.

years ago when the companys I drove for started buying radials the drivers did not like the feel of radials on the steering axle so it was bias on the frount and radials on the back .so you may like it?

majortom

I have been using 14.5 radials on the front of our duece dumps as floats, and ndt 1100 20 tires on the rear for years with no issues. the radials have much, much better traction, so putting bias on the front might get slippery in the wet.

ida34

The 800 series are use sprags. They are always sensing for more than an 8% difference between front and back speed. I would not mix tires with a different circumference. Check circumference not diameter. The circumference is what you want close or the same.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too dont think i would mix n match. im looking for some mich 1100 aslo if i find a good source ill keep you in mind

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On curves at high speeds you will feel a sense of sway and unresponsiveness to steering if you have radials on the front and bias on the rear. As for the opposite, bias on the front and radials on the rear will handle just fine and give you a smooth ride.